Thursday, April 23, 2009

Let's Play Footsie





All I wanted to do was get down at Footsie's, however I showed up on a fairly subdued night so I played it cool. But I wanted to run a race around the track of royal red inlaid wall paper that crowns the ceiling. I wanted to drink and dance, and squeeze into black leather studded semi circle booths with five of my closest friends, sloshing ice on the fake wood formica tables. And I definitely wanted the bartender who didn’t know what Scotch was to keep pouring me ridiculous doubles and charge for singles. The enviroment is a seasoned patch of cool where all of these fantasys are sure to take place.  And More.

Tucked away on the easterly end of Figeroa, Footsie's is near Mount Washington, on the other side of the tracks (literally, there are tracks) from Echo Park , Atwater, and Silver Lake and actually in Northridge. Footsie's has a similar discreetness to that of the Mandrake with a simple dude at the door , it has a jukebox that rivals Lost and Found’s, and the dark, mysteriously seductive charm of La Poubelle meets the cool of El Prado. Plus there are portraits of topless ladies so everyone wins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment